Step into serenity at Suriyawatta, a beautiful five-bedroom family property perched on the beachfront at Weligama on the southern coast of Sri Lanka. Location-wise, it’s about 40 mins from the historic town of Galle and on the edge of Weligama’s sandy bay.
Sleek and chic, the décor is colonial elegance meets modern-day luxury with an overriding beach vibe. State-of-the-art facilities are present throughout without being overpowering.
Suriyawatta has five air-conditioned bedrooms. Two rooms have king-sized beds and two rooms have two single beds each. One room has two sets of bunk beds. Four bedrooms are located in the main house and one-bedroom is housed in a separate pavilion.
The sitting room, furnished with squashy sofas, antique writing desks, and books, is a great place for chilling out in comfort and soaking up the views of the azure Indian ocean. The kitchen offers all modern amenities and is the domain of your experienced chef and amiable staff.
Outside, breezy wraparound verandas spill onto terraced lawns sun-dappled by the boughs of frangipani trees, coconut palms, and blushing bougainvillea. The pool lies on the lower terrace, and a few steps down the garden you’ll find the entrance to a small beach and lagoon meaning there is no need to travel far for sand between your toes, coastline strolls, surfing or swimming.
Enjoy a refreshing sunset drink by the picture-postcard poolside, take a stroll along with the lush gardens or retreat at the pristine shore pass the cascading lawns. For something more active, swimming, snorkeling, and surfing are also available.
Villa size: 2,556sqm
Something missing in this villa? Dont worry, our Concierge can arrange it for you. Just let us know :)
- Safety box
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Living room
- Dinning room
- Private pool
- Spa services (extra cost)
- Study room with printer
- Airport transfer USD $104 (6 pax)
- Airport transfer USD $124 (9 pax)
- Airport transfer USD $165 (10-14 pax)
- Child bunkbed
- Private chef
- DVD player
- Satellite TV
- Billard table
- Security service
- Villa Manager
Out & About
- Opt for some watersports in nearby Weligama or Mirissa. Scuba diving is especially popular around here, but you can also try snorkelling, surfing or just paddling!
- People from around the world flock to Weligama to experience the thrill of watching Blue Whales in their natural habitat during sunset. The best time to see them is from October - April
- Embark on a day trip to Handunugoda Tea Estate. Enjoy a tour of a tea factory and watch the locals at work as they pick tea, cinnamon and coconuts
Weligama, Sri Lanka
Terms & Conditions
- Check-in: After 14:30
- Check out: Until 11:00
- Late check-out until 18:00 can be arranged at half the rental rate (subject to availability)
- Security deposit: A deposit of 50% of the total amount must be paid at the time of booking