Skye House is a modern beachfront villa in Thalpe, close to the historic Sri Lankan town of Galle Fort. Its interior décor depicts some Mediterranean influence – clean white furniture against dark blue shades – in contrast with dark wooden walkways that fuse together for a unique contemporary style.
The villa offers five generous-sized en suite bedrooms that are air-conditioned. The doubled bedded Master & Guest Suite is upstairs along with the six-bed bunk room which is ideal for children. The remaining two rooms are downstairs – the twin-bedded Pond Room and the double-bedded Garden Suite. Also on the ground floor is the open-plan living and dining room which overlooks the garden, pool, and inner courtyard.
The large pool and playground are perfect to spend bright sunny days, especially with kids who will love the swings, climbing frame, and pirate hut. For the adults, the professional staff also double as the official beach cricket team and are always up for a challenge. Skye House also has direct beach access, though the waters are not calm enough for young children to swim safely.
Skye House is perfectly situated for swimming and boogie boarding. It’s a short drive from the historic town and its international cricket pitch. There’s also a PADI certified scuba diving center at Unawatuna and Mirissa Water Sports offers exciting activities such as sailing, fishing, coastal cruises, sea kayaking, snorkeling, and boating.
Villa size: 1,384sqm | Garden size: 1,034sqm
Something missing in this villa? Dont worry, our Concierge can arrange it for you. Just let us know :)
- Safety box
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- DVD player
- Living room
- Dining room
- Private pool (12 metres)
- Spa services
- Table tennis
- Satellite TV
- Airport transfer
- Babysitter (extra cost) (contact us)
- Kids playground
- Pirate hut
- Climbing frame
- Table football
- Private chef (extra cost)
- Pool maintenance
- Security service
Out & About
- Visit Koggala Lake which is alive with birdlife and dotted with islands; one features a Buddhist temple, another a cinnamon plantation, and herb-garden. Lightfoot Travel recommends a 90-minute boat tour.
- Hit the beach at Unawatuna. The sea can be a little strong for swimming, but the sprawling sands are dotted with restaurants and bars which make for a lively scene come day and night.
- Enjoy a guided walk to Galle Fort. Wander the cobblestoned pathways flanked by antique shops, heritage houses and restaurants, and marvel at the architectural and archaeological sites that have given Galle Fort its UNESCO World Heritage status.
Thalpe, Southern Beaches
Terms & Conditions
- Check-in: After 14:30
- Check out: Until 11:00
- Late check-out until 18:00 can be arranged at half the rental rate (subject to availability)
- Security deposit: A deposit of 50% of the total amount must be paid at the time of booking